From 1521 until the end of the Spanish-American War in 1898, Guam was considered a colony of Spain. After the war, Guam became a territory of the United States. In 1930, a coat of arms, designed by Mrs. Carol Paul and adopted by Guam in 1917, was confirmed by an Executive Order issued by the Governor, Captain Willis W. Bradley, Jr., U.S.N. In the flag, a red border separates the coat of arms from the blue background. The coat of arms contains a design characteristic of the island as seen from the mouth of the Agana River. The canoe in the foreground is called a flying proa, commonly used by the native Chamorros. Guam officially flew this flag and the flag of the United States except for the period between December 1941 to August 1944, when it was under Japanese occupation.
Couldn't find the right flag or product? Call or email us! Retail Flag Store Location Flag-Works over America, LLC, 16 Kennedy Lane, Concord, NH 03301 1-800-580-0009 email@example.com FAX 603-225-0071